Tuesday 18 September 2012

'I have a Cold' Haul.

Yes, I have done what every girl does; felt a little under the weather so cheered myself up with a trip to my local Debenhams.

I've been reading Elle this weekend while I was away - which was gorgeous and I will post pictures soon! I think as well as rocking my usual goth look, I'm going to try out this military grunge glam vibe thats around so I was on a khaki hunt. I think I've finally decided to purchase a new parka from Zara so basing it on that, I wanted the perfect green nail polish. My usual first stop of Essie drew a blank. As did Chanel, Dior, MAC, Barry M, Revlon and every other beauty counter in Debenhams and Boots. I ended up at Illamasqua which obviously had exactly what I wanted. After a quick trip to MAC I was done - for make up anyway.














Left to right we have;

Illamasqua Nail Polish in Kink. This is the polish I was looking for - or at least the closest I was going to get. I wanted a really dark forest green. These don't exist. This was the nicest, darkest green I could find. Though it does have a teal tint to it, it isn't as blue as most of the others out there. In two coats it's a thick, even coverage. This is my first Illamasqua nail polish so I don't know what to expect from the wear just yet.

MAC Eyeshadow in Humid. I've never owned this shadow or indeed had any desire to own this shadow but on my new military green kick, I thought it would look good smoked out over a black - my entire reason for going to MAC. I was really impressed by the quality and colour of this green as there were surprisingly a few to choose from. I tried the look when I got home and thought it looked great.

MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon. It's black. I get through these like they're going out of fashion. It's a good, dark black and easy to use. My second favourite is the MUA for a quid. It's hard justifying £12 on an eyeshadow sometimes!














Swatches. MAC Carbon and MAC Humid.






















Illamasqua Kink Polish on the nails.

2 comments:

  1. That green polish is gorgeous and I love dark rich eye shadows for fall :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ezi, I love it too. Fall is my favourite make up time! x

      Delete