Tuesday 11 September 2012

The start of Autumn haul.

Today, I did a little shopping and started on my Autumn make up.

















Left to right we have;

MAC Lipstick in Cyber. I was talking to my MAC girl about this lipstick today, it was between this and Rebel but she suggested this as Rebel is actually quite bright and not as dark as it appears. Cyber is the same, it looks almost black but in fact is a gorgeous deep purple. I've played around with it today and dabbed on the lips it deepens the lip colour with a purple hint, for a more everyday look and when fully applied it's a solid, gothic colour. It's not as scary as it looks - I looked on the website and the swatch does not look like the same lipstick in the tube! I think it's going to be one of my go-to lipsticks for the Autumn.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid and pump. Not much to say about this, I think most people have tried it. It's my go-to foundation and have it in a few shades depending on my tan. This is in NW15 - yes, I'm pale! But this is for the no tan, winter days. Though, surprisingly, doesn't wash me out at all and actually compliments my skin really well.

Essie nail polish in Sole Mate. This follows on from my Vogue, October post when I said I wanted a new polish. This is a great colour, a really deep reddy purple but doesn't look too brown. As with all Essie polishes it takes two coats but then you have a rich, deep colour and lasts, on me, 3 days without chipping. And for me, that's really good! I did find it looked a little strange on longer nails so I did file mine down and I think it looks a lot better. I highly recommend this polish for an Autumn colour! Essie is definitely becoming my favourite nail polish brand. Looking for a dark, forest green next...

I also bought a few standard beauty items. Nirvana Spa's mint shower gel - which I love. Simple face wipes. Original Source mint shower gel. Original Source mint and walnut scrub - are you seeing a pattern yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment