Monday 29 October 2012

About me Monday.

Aside from my love of fashion and make up, the biggest thing in my life is music. I have worked in the music industry since I was 13 where, in a little town called Doncaster, I was touring with three boys and a dad around the country. I was photographer, merch girl and tour manager to a band called AREA 15. Yes, you probably don't know the name but you may know McFly, Lil Chris, Hadouken and the other artists that over the years, we played with and supported. The highlight of this time for me was definitely playing Camden Crawl where we headlined the Red Bull stage in 2008.

Moving on from then, I started to promote my own gigs - setting them up and running them. I did this in numerous places in the UK including London, South Wales as well as Yorkshire. At one show in Yorkshire, I met a band called DissolvedIN who later became Lost Boys. These boys are something special - video below. The lead singer is fabulous and you may recognise him from the band on X Factor or being in Cheryl Cole's video recently.

I have so many of my best friends from the music industry, bands and techs. I like the respect that there is between the roadie and the lead singer - everyone is appreciated. There are always rumours that someone doesn't get on with someone, or someone stole this from someone's dressing room but, you get over it. I stole beer from Lil' Chris's dressing room in 2009, it doesn't hurt.

Now, with a toddler in tow, I don't go on tour. As much as I used to love travelling around in a van, going from hotel to hotel to venue to shabby backstage dressing rooms, it's something you can grow out of. Even a tour bus isn't that glamorous after a while and let's face it, it's never as glamorous as people think it is. I now DJ - the second best thing. I love DJing, seeing people dance and appreciate what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment