Tuesday 30 October 2012

October Favourites.

It's favourites time again and I've got it out on time again! I'm pretty pleased with myself. This month has been a busy one but that's usually a good thing for me. If you've read my recently blog posts you'll probably be able to predict what I'm going to say, but here they are anyway.





















Favourite Hair Product - John Frieda Heat Activated Styling Spray. If you read this month's Vogue Overview you'll know I recently cut my hair. This means that I now have to style my hair a little more than I used to so I decided to step up the hair defence by using this product. Although I didn't like the rest of the range that I tried, I am loving this product. It makes my hair feel so soft and makes straightening a lot easier. It doesn't have too strong a smell which I like in a product. I have that I am reaching for this product every morning as well as after washing my hair.
















Favourite Nail Product - MUA Nail Polish in Pistachio Ice Cream. I have to admit, I struggled with this one. I have tried the MUA nail polishes and Nail Constellations this month and as much as I do love the Constellations, they aren't something I would use all the time. The new colour nail polishes, which I did a post about a few days ago, are great. The wear is incredible. I've had Pistachio Ice Cream on for 4 days now and it's only just starting to chip - and for me that is fabulous. At first I wasn't too sure on the colour; as nice as it is, it's a little bit of a spring colour for me but for some reason I don't want to take it off. I love my bright, ice blue nails. Every time I look down at them, I think how much I love the colour. Who'd have thought!
















Favourite Make Up Product - Stila Kitten Smudge Pot. This is a new purchase for me. I was looking for something creamy to put on my lids when I'm just using a eyeliner and after 10,000 (exudation!) swatches all over my hands, I settled on Kitten. And I am now in love. I've never had a Stila product before as they weren't too easy to come by in the UK until one day they suddenly appeared in my local Boots - how did this happen? At £13 it's about the same price as a MAC Paintpot but I actually think it's a lot better quality. Obviously the colour choice is smaller with Stila but the wear is a lot better than the MAC. It stays on all day and doesn't wear or smudge - ironic? A fabulous product. I have been using this with one of the lighter colours in the MUA Heaven and Earth palette. I love it with a little eyeliner and a lot of mascara.


 













Favourite Tool - Bobby Pins. The simple bobby pin. Available everywhere and with a wide price range, I think everyone has them. I always do but only recently have I been using them a lot. My hair is now long enough to put back in a messy pony or bun so they are great for fly aways underneath. I'm also putting my fringe up and to the side a lot too. And to be honest, I haven't been too adventurous this month and this was the best I could come up with - sorry!

















Favourite Accessory - Chained Collar Tips. I am wearing these most days. In fact everyday that I wear a shirt. Whether it be a demin shirt or a lumberjack shirt, plain or studded, these are a great asset. I tend to ditch the necklace and choose these instead. They're thick enough to notice and make a statement but they're strangely subtle. I own numerous pairs of collar tips and these were in fact the cheapest at only £1.50 from Primark - I know, I know.
















Favourite Accessory II - Cross Earrings. I've mentioned these a lot in OOTD posts. They're my 80p bargain market earrings. They're super light and not too long - I hate drop earrings. They have a stud back which I feel safer in and you really don't notice them when they're in. They're also fabulous because they only cost 80p from a street seller in Sheffield. I mean, come on, 80p!
















Favourite Fashion Item - Oversized Jumpers. The oversized jumper, simple yet affected. I wear mine with jeans, pyjamas, shorts, PU leggings, anything! Add a watch and some statement shoes and you're onto a winner. I usually team mine with my JC Litas, studded flats or hidden heel high tops. I love the fact that all I need to do when I get home is change my trouser and put some PJs on, and I'm still comfy and warm. The jumper is one of my favourites. In navy and bright green it's probably the brightest I have - and also the warmest. I have this in a size 10 which is huge on me and I love that too.




Favourite Miscellaneous - Delilah - 'Go.' Yes, I am in love with this song. It spends most of the day playing round and round in my head - and on my iPhone. If you my post from the weekend, you'll know I went to see her due to my best friend being her tour manager. I haven't paid any attention to her before but she was fabulous. Let her voice make your day too. Thank me later.



No comments:

Post a Comment