Thursday 18 October 2012

Vogue Overview, November 2012.

It's Vogue time again and I cannot believe I have now had this blog for over a month and more importantly - I'm still using it! I haven't been the best at keeping up with these things and I have let it slip a little this last week but I am back with a few posts lined up. Thank God for the schedule ability on Blogger!





















I have to admit, I loved this edition. Firstly because of the beauty on the cover. I am a huge Hunger Games fans - book and film, so it was really nice to see and read about the real her. Jennifer Lawrence looks a lot different here. She is so glam and I am in love with her hair - truely! As for contents, again I loved!

The first point I noticed on the front cover was 'Chop and Change - how to cut your own hair' point. Now, I used to cut my own hair mainly becasue then I couldn't get mad at anyone other than myself. But after reading and seeing the article, I went for a pair of scissors. Yes, I did it. I cut my own hair! Okay, that's a slight exaduration, I had my hair cut a few weeks ago but I did cut in a full fringe and I love it! I made it quite lnog and choppy and just made it a touch shorter every ten minutes or so just incase I hated it but no, it looks fabulous and it now sits on the brow and personally I think it suits my square jaw and pale complexion. So go for it girls, the holy grail of Vogue says do it, cut your own hair! (Page 227)

As an avid bargain hunter, I loved the article on car boot sales and the gems they uncover. I adore going to a boot sale and luckily I live in the country so they are easy to come by. I have found some great pieces from boot sales, including a vintage real fur coat for only £45 and a pair of Dr Marten boots for £6. I recently have picked up the habit of checking eBay religiously for the staple items, just to see and I did find a bargain last week - I found a pair of Dr Marten shoes (so good for the time of year and so chic to wear with a fur coat and some ankle grazer jeans!) for only £8. RRP being around £80. They said wore and used but I picked them up this morning and was very surprised to find a brand new pair of shoes in the box. Yay for a bargain! I also love a boot sale as you find stuff you wjust wouldn't buy in the shops, I have alot of cool 80's/early 90's clothes from boot sales. So tell me where you found your original 'Back to the Future' jumper! Go and explore!  (Page 154)

And is there anyone who doesn't want the Snoop Dog mug on page 254, item 14? No, I thought not!

No comments:

Post a Comment