Sunday 16 December 2012

The Perfect Lipstick for £2!

















Yes, you read that right - £2! I used to wear this lipstick as a teenager when I didn't spend much money on make up. When I found it I remember thinking it was really pretty but I don't think I ever really appreciated it as well as I should have. It's the most gorgeous nudey pink, somewhere in between MAC Myth and Hue. Myth for me is a little too beige, Hue is my all time favourite.

















The lipstick is from the Natural Collection - you know that really cheap brand from Boots where everything is under £2. Don't be put off, go and try this lipstick. It's called Apple Blossom and is a Moisture Shine lipstick. As you can hopefully see, it's really pretty and I think it would work with most skin tones - obviously I'm pretty pale.
















Here you can see the lipstick in between Myth and Hue. It's very much in the same group. I have found it to be a pinky version of Myth but it has the finish of Hue - a Satin lipstick.
















It's swatched here on the bottom, then above it Myth on the left, Hue on the right. Two £13 lipsticks next to one that's only £2, is half a shade that much of a difference? I didn't think so either. The wear isn't quite as good but it still lasts for a really long time and it's pretty moisturising too. I have stocked up on a few of these lipsticks now and can see it quickly becoming a new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment