Friday 7 December 2012

The Easy Way to Textured Nails.

Textured Nails are everywhere at the moment. Nail art with studs, sequins and rhinestones are huge at the minute. With MUA making the Caviar Manicure at anyone's price range, nail art wheels available from most pound shops and eBay coming up trumps for pretty much anything, it's easy for everyone to jump on this trend. But what if you could make it easier and get textures just with a polish? Here are my top 3 Textured polishes for you.

















Illamasqua Rubber polishes are a favourite of mine, mainly for the colours.If I can't find a colour in eyeshadow, nail polish or blush I always head to the Illamasqua stand. When I couldn't find a dark green polish in the shade I wanted, I went to see them and obviously, found what I wanted. I didn't realise it was one of their rubberised polishes at the time but I'm glad it was or I'd never  have got to try them
















My favourite nail texture is a matte nail, preferably with black. A lot of companies make a matte top coat but I use the one from George at ASDA. It's only £1 and  it does the job, so why not! Paint your nails in your chosen colour and simply one coat does it. It's also a top coat so makes your polish last that little big longer. As you can see I use this a lot!















A drug store option now. The Revlon Matte Suede line is very similar to the Illamasqua Rubber polishes. They're not a matte colour though, they have glitter in them. Glitter with a . Matte finish? I didn't understand it either. There's no real reason why this polish is green too, I thought it would be pretty for Christmas. Available at most high street drug stores, this polish is more accessible and is almost half the price of the Rubber polish at only £7.95.
















If you are a fan of nail art then here are my top picks at an affordable price. As mentioned there is the MUA Nail Constellations which give you a Caviar Manicure for only £3.



Nail Art pens are also widely available now. With studs, sequins or gems in one side and a polish with a fine applicator on the other, they are an all in one over your favourite polish. Hip-hop have one available for £6.50 but this one was only £2 from good ol` Primark and comes in different shades too.
















Most pound stores stock these nail art wheels that have different studs and stones in them. I found one with black studs in, so I stocked up. And for £1 it really wasn't a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment