Friday 30 November 2012

3 Steps to Glam Make Up.




Its nearing Christmas which means parties, drinks and a lot of photographs. I follow a few very simple rules to make sure my make up fits the bill.



Red Nails.  They are a must! Not only do they add an instant Christmas feel but they look so glam. This is the only time of year I really wear red nails but I love them so much. My only note would be don't wear them with a red dress or top, they're meant to stand out. Essie's Lacquered Up is my perfect shade.

















Red Lips. Again, how am can you be? I know its quite easy to cross the line with a red lip but if its carefully worn, it can look amazing. Red lips have to be matte for me and I have found that being cheap doesn't mean it looks cheap. My go-to red is by MUA and is shade 13. If you must go high end, Russian Red by MAC would be my choice. Just remember with a red, you need to keep it looking fresh at all times. Again, don't team red lipstick with a red dress but do wear nails and lips together.


Gold Eyes. When wearing red lipstick it's important to keep the eyes simple. Nothing saying you have to go bare, but you don't want heavy. I love wearing gold shadow with a red lip. I think its bold enough without being overpowering. With a touch of eyeliner and lashings of mascara, you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment