Tuesday 27 November 2012

And She Went to the Ball!


And She went to the Ball!

The guy I'm currently seeing casually invited me to his graduation ball last week for last Saturday - nothing like short notice. This is a big event. I wanted the perfect outfit without wearing a prom dress, was it possible? The answer is yes! I thought about this seasons must haves and what I'd seen out on the high street at the moment. The first thing that came into my head was a long sheer skirt I'd seen in Primark- you will probably have seen it too. It comes in wine and a pale peach, for £14 its a total bargain! I though that, teamed with a plain black vest and some JC‘s would look simple yet gorgeous. With a good choice of accessories and a black clutch, this could work...

Only getting 4 days notice for this sort of event isn't ideal- though great to blog about! I didn't run through of hair and make up to try and decide what to do. I'd decided to keep my hair sleek and pulled back, perfect for my simple look. My make up, I wanted a simple eye with a deep lip. Nothing too over the top. My nails would be Essie's Sole Mate. I'd decided on my bargain drop cross earrings too- they look lovely with tied up hair!

The evening was amazing and I had such a good time. My outfit went together perfectly and I got loads of compliments! Apologies to any girls who spent a lot of time and effort on outfits. I'll post the pictures when I finally get them from the photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment