Monday 19 November 2012

About Me Monday!


I made a bucket list just after my son was born. I was 19 and refused to be another statistic, I wanted to make plans and ambitions. Bucket lists have suddenly become very popular but even when I was little, I said I wanted to do this, that or the other before I die. My bucket list is special to me. Its kept in a leather notebook bought specially and it won't ever be used for anything else.

















I'm very lucky in the fact that I have actually managed to tick things off my bucket list already, though I did cheat a tiny bit and wrote some things I had already done but they were dreams so they still count, right? Here are just a few examples of my bucket list entries. Some are obviously done!

Blog. Have a baby. See the Northern Lights. Be in a music video. Go across America. Be given a piece of jewellery. Buy designer luggage. DJ live. Stay in a 5* hotel. Celebrate New Years properly. Have my own website. Run a marathon. Be taken on a date. See Garth Brookes live.

Creating a blog was pretty high up my bucket list priorities and yes, I now have one! I have also had a baby. Things like DJ live, see Garth Brookes and see the Northern Lights are all ones that have grown up with me- don't judge, Garth Brookes is cool, okay? Some of them seem a little silly such as being taken on a date and to be given jewellery but its my bucket list and I can put on it what I want! But seriously, to me they would be forever remembered and mean a lot. Bucket lists really are personal and although everyone has the basic ones of running a marathon and things, you really should build your bucket list around you. Its great fun and really rewarding to be able to sit ticking them off. I will carry my bucket list until I die, hopefully after ticking everything off!

No comments:

Post a Comment