Saturday 3 November 2012

New Disco Ball Nail Polish Swatches!

I love a good glitter polish. I picked up 3 this week which I adore and wanted to share with you. As much as a glitter topcoat adds a little something to the nails, I love a full glitter polish. A black outfit with some sparkly talons looks fabulous. All these polishes are new out too, the Rimmel from their Christmas collection.



Barry M 354 Amethyst Glitter. I think this is my favourite of the three polishes. It applied like a normal nail polish and not a chunky glitter topcoat which I like about it. This usually means it's quite hard to take off - which it was. It's a clear polish with purple, pink, turquoise, blue and black glitter and could easily be worn as a polish on it's own with two coats. I'm currently wearing it over a dark navy blue - Nails INC Motcomb Street.
















Barry M 351 Yellow Topaz Glitter. The colour of this caught my eye on the stand. It's a real yellow gold which I adore. It's one of those that when you wore when you were 12, would have looked tacky. This polish wasn't so easy to apply. It's chunky gold glitter with a few duo chrome flicks, in a clear polish. It's sort of gloopy due to the large glitter chunks. It also has less coverage than the above polish so this really is just a top coat. On top of black or even blue would look fabulous for the party season. This is also a great toe colour for me.















Rimmel Precious Stones 001 Diamond Dust. This is another really pretty polish. It's smokey grey fine glitter with the sparkly silver chunks work so well together. This is also in a clear polish but the fine glitter totally covers. This is to be worn as a polish and not a top coat - though you could. It looks fabulous on and again was easy to remove.


Most glitter polishes are quite hard to remove, the clear polish usually comes off with the remover and leaves the glitter stuck to your nails. I would suggest a good quality nail polish remover, these are still quite cheap. My favourite is the Sally Hansen's Moisturising Polish Remover which is also 'The Quick One.' I use the one for dry and brittle nails, just to get that extra protection from changing my polish so much.


























No comments:

Post a Comment