Thursday 1 November 2012

Nivea Express Hydration Primer Review and Rave.

Why has no one on the high street come out with something like this sooner? It's genious. I, personally hate primers. It's the texture. That overly waxy sort of feel it leaves on the skin - urgh! I'd rather have my foundation wear off a little than use it. But this, this is different. I hadn't actually heard about it's release until I started seeing the blog posts about it, so I went on a hunt and found it in Superdrug for only £3.99 -  a great start! I got mine in sensative/dry. There is also a normal/oily version.
















The primer, from the Daily Essentials line, claims instant absorption and to provide a smooth base for make up application. I have to agree with both these claims. The moisturiser is super light, rubs in nicely and leaves a lovely cooling feel to the skin. It did absorp quickly but it didn't make my skin feel anything other than moisturised - I couldn't feel any sort of primer. I applied my foundation as normal in the morning and found after a usual days wear when I got home in the morning my make up still looked good! I can't say it kept 100% of my make up on, but it did seem to still look fresh and even which was great!

I am usually sensative to Nivea products but I am very happy to see that the lanolin in the product has been bumped down the ingrediants list. It hasn't affected my skin at all - I'm very impressed. The primer doesn't have the usual Nivea smell either, which personally I'm not fond of. It seems to have a fresh, citrus smell to it.
















All in all I am super impressed with this product. It's nice to only have one product on instead of two and it did seem to maske my make up easier to take off. An easy morning and night. Nivea, you're spoiling us!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good! Nice price as well, some primers are so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great. I was really impressed with it. There hasn't been a day I havent used it! :) x

      Delete