Sunday 11 November 2012

A Token to the Forest Gods! A Lush Review.

This week my standard, weekly trip to Lush was a little different to usual. I have a mega cold that will not shift - it's really running me into the ground. With huge thanks to the Lush Ladies, I still got some yummy  (or so I was told) smelling things for this week. While I was checking out, a lady came up to me and asked if I used the Toner Tabs. The answer to this was no. I have super sensitive skin and toner is the thing that really burns my skin. She ran off and brought me a single tab of A Token to the Forest Gods. She told me to use it as a steamer and it will ease my cold! Fabulous, I thought and because they are only one pound, I see no reason to not give it a go.


















And boy, am I glad I did. I have a new obsession. The description on the label said, 'When dropped into a bowl of hot water, this tab will fizz into the water and steam will lift the beneficial blend of essential oils for you to steam your face. When the water has cooled, you can use cotton wool or a flannel in the water to wash away traces of cleanser or dirt from your face, neck and chest.' Which is exactly what I was told by my Lush Lady - use to steam your face then you can keep the water for 3 days to use as a toner.



















When I steamed my face, it definitely helped lift my cold. It made my blocked nose a runny nose - sorry! But after I did feel it was easier to breathe and my sore throat really eased too. It left my skin feeling soft and plump afterwards and the smell was beautiful - yes I could even smell by the end of the steam!


The toner I was a little apprehensive about using but I thought I better try it, even if I do have a bad reaction. But no, it hasn't affected my skin at all! It left it feeling cool and cleansed and it looked really good too. It's gentle around the eyes too - another problem of mine. The only tiny downside is that the toner doesn't have much of a smell so you lose the yumminess of the steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment