Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Collection 2000 3-in-1 Foundation.

You may notice over this next week that a lot of posts go up on my blog. This is 100% down to the fact that my other half has gone away to Europe for a week and left me behind - sob!

A 3 in 1 (aka solid to liquid foundation) is a handbag staple for me. I like to touch up with ease during the day. This is the Collection 2000 'Ultimate Fix' answer to my staple. A foundation, concealer and powder in one, sounds good enough. The fact is has a mirror and comes with a sponge is an added bonus and it has an SPF, can it get any better? It comes in one 3 shades and mine is naturally, the palest.





I love the packaging of this product and as stated, the mirror is a great touch. Anything that saves time for me is a massive bonus. I tried this foundation out a lot in different ways to really review it. I've seen a lot of good reviews on this product but I'm afraid mine is not a good review.


















I found the colouring to be fine for me, pale enough without being white. The texture feels nice when getting the product out onto the sponge. Id suggest changing the sponge regularly. I found when using the foundation as a base in the morning and to touch up, it gave the same effect. It didn't cover much and it left my skin shiny. Though it stayed on great and seemed to be quite moisturising, it sunk into my drier skin and left it looking horrible and flakey. Even with a serum on underneath, it didn't sit well on my skin. The shiny-ness was beyond what I'd call dewy. I looked like a disco ball! It didn't give any sort of coverage and I only have slight redness on my cheeks and nose. I don't think it would do much over blemishes. So as cheap as it was (£4.99) I think I will stick to my MAC Studio Tech from now on.









No comments:

Post a Comment