Thursday 8 November 2012

Vogue Overview, December 2012.


Yet again, it's Vogue time. I have to admit I was a little shocked when I spotted it on the shelf a few days ago. It's December and we are in the middle of deep reds, glam goth and sequin gold leggings why, oh why has Vogue suddenly jumped forward to the Summer? I'm not one for floral prints or really summer for that matter so I wasn't too impressed.






















I am happy to announce that this all changed when I opened the cover. It was a fabulous edition. My all time favourite issue, in fact. Due to the fact that my all-time-favourite band, Nine Inch Nails were mentioned in the article about Claire Boucher aka Grimes. Her love of old school 'industrial metal like Tool' and super cute style has made me really love this girl - how amazing is her hair? In my opinion, she should have been the cover star this month. Check her out - page 296.


I could seriously relate to the story 'On the Scent' (page 319) as recently I have been on the look for my new signature fragrance so I feel her pain. On the other hand I could not relate to why One Direction were in here. Not that I don't like One Direction, one of them is from my home town in fact, but I just don't get the hype. Maybe because I'm not 14 anymore but anyway. They looked cute and surprisingly grown up in suits. Kudos to that, Vogue.


As much as I hated the cover, the actual 'Pop Culture in Vogue' article (page 264 onwards) was a really good read. More to do with the fact that it showed the David Bowie cover from September 1978 which I actually have. I adore David Bowie. Looking back at when the likes of Bowie and Bono were in Vogue it's so different to what we get these days. Oh how I wish I was alive in the '80s!


Thanks to Vogue I now have a new girl crush - Rita Ora. Just how cute is she? In her article (274) she looks adorable and has a real face for a beauty ad. I don't think it will be too long before she becomes the face of this and that. And she won't look out of place. With a lot of artists, I think they're there more for the name than the beauty of the person. Also thanks to Vogue, I am falling for coloured brows. I am seriously considering buying a burnt orange shadow and trying that out. Watch this space...


And also please check out Delilah who's doing December's 'Today I'm Wearing' on the Vogue Website.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment