Monday 5 November 2012

About me Monday!


Yet another one of these posts - where are the weeks going? This week I thought I would tell you about a passion of mine, knitting! I know, it sounds like I should be sat in a rocking chair in the corner, mumbling about the war but I really do like it. I'm not really that good. I can do straight lines, start new rows and change the colour of my wool - perfect for scarves!

 
This is what I'm currently working on, a wine and forest green striped scarf. This is a day and a half into knitting, so I can usually finish one in 3 or 4 days. I've also just bought a gorgeous navy wool to make another with as I'm loving wearing navy at the moment. I can't follow patterns or I'd be making hats and socks and mittens but I'm just not that good. My Mother taught me to knit years ago and I used to YouTube how to turn corners and start new rows, how to add a different colour. Practise does make perfect with this kind of thing.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment